Tuesday, 13 November 2012


This was the masthead which was voted as the best from my class and the masthead which I decided I was going to use on my magazine. I thought this masthead had a unique type of effect to it which made it stand out; it’s also eye-catching and can be used to grab the reader’s attention.

 
 I liked this masthead but chose not to use it because I feel that it wouldn’t go with the sort of magazine that I was producing, this type of design has a more childish effect to it, and wouldn’t grab the my targeted audience’s attention. If I was to use it, it would have clashed with my magazine.

This masthead was too calm. It looked like the sort of masthead you will find in a gospel magazine, it wasn’t the sort of masthead which would be used in a magazine for afro-Caribbean up-coming artists. 
  With this masthead, it looks like the type you will find for a rock type of magazine. It didn’t look right; I wasn’t going to fit in with my magazine.

 
This masthead was too thin; it’s not really a conventional masthead which would attract people’s attention, especially the attention of the audience I would want it to attract.
 

 This masthead was too child-like, it looks like the sort of masthead you will find in a children’s magazine, I didn’t think that it was age appropriate.  
 

 This was my second favourite masthead. I think it was nice and bold and also a conventional masthead, this looked like the sort of masthead you will see in a hip-hop/RnB magazine. However, I didn’t use it because I thought it was too formal. I wanted something which was a little less formal.

No comments:

Post a Comment