Proposal of magazine:
I will be creating a music magazine which is going to be
called Turn up and is targeted towards younger generation. The magazine would be a Hip hop/ RnB / Rap
Genre. I have chosen this name because it symbolises the fact that everything
in the magazine is going to be wild and interested, it’s not going to be
ordinary but it’s going to be turned up.
Kind Of Artist: The
artist I have chosen, I have chosen him because the music that he produces fits
in well with the magazine genre that I’m doing, also as the artist is an
upcoming artist, it will be a good to promote his material and show support,
and also to gain him some acknowledgement. I have also chosen this artist because,
as my magazine is Hip Hop, RnB and Rap, as an African American artist who is
making different types of music, he fits in to the category well.
The things I’m going to include in my magazine:
Regular quizzes to keep the readers engaged not only about the music stuff but
also regular activities. Exclusive artist interviews with upcoming artists or
people with music industry. Also the opportunity for people to win prizes which
could consist of the latest gadgets or tickets to shows.
How my magazine would
be different: My magazine would be different from most magazines because
instead of my magazine being about artists who have already made it, my
magazine would be about upcoming artists who are on the process of making it
but haven’t made it just as yet. This is a unique factor about my magazine,
because it’s something that hasn’t been created yet but it’s something that I
will be creating.
Design Features: The
colour scheme of my magazine would be based upon the cover picture and the
colour clothing that my artist would be wearing, this will also be the colour
scheme that my masthead will fall in to. The masthead would be bold and simple
and clear. I would be getting my design from www.dafont.com ; if not from there I would be getting it
from www.gorefonts.co.uk. I want my
masthead to be clear and simple so that it becomes easily recognisable and also
it goes with the genre of the magazine, if I was doing a rock magazine then I
would want something which is extreme. As the magazine would be called ‘Turn
up’ that does all the talking.
Who might publish my
magazine? I believe that if my
magazine was to be published by someone, it will be published by the producers
of Young Voices. Young voices are similar magazine type, they specialise in the
same genres but not quite the same as my magazine because they do all types of
artists, and however my magazine is about upcoming talents. Young voices would
be the best producer for it, because it’s about the young voices, and my
magazine specialises in young voices particularly.
Target Audience: My target audience is mainly for young people
aged 14-21. It’s suitable for both genders. I’ve selected this age range
because as the magazine is up coming artists, adults wont really pay attention
to the people they are not aware of, whereas people between the age range would
be more familiar to the type of music that the young artists are producing and
may even know them. The magazine would mainly also be targeted towards
Afro-Caribbean people. This is because of the genre of the magazine, however it’s
a multi-cultural magazine and open/available to everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment